Thursday, May 15, 2008

Time to be an adult...


I have official entered the second quarter of my life.... the big 26. Closer to 50 than last year... And yes... I do feel different.  Birthdays don't feel as exciting anymore... I was more excited that my constipated son pooped then I was my birthday (seriously.... babies scream a lot when they can't poop.) I asked my dad last year what it felt like to turn 60.  I think his response was, "The same as it felt to turn 50." Perhaps I am entering that phase of my life... where my life is marked by growing milestones then birthdays. Don't get me wrong, I still went to Cold Stone for my free ice cream. It just didn't feel as.... important.  
Andy got me a 1/2 hour whirlpool soak and a 1/2 massage for my birthday. Oh. My. God.  I have never had a professional massage before. I can see why rich people get them weekly. It was a dream. Pay the $20 bucks to go get one... Waaaaaaay better than shoes.
My first Mother's Day was something else. Until now... I never got it. I mean, I understood celebrating Mother's day... but... Mother's totally deserve it. Logan got me a Hello Kitty cordless mouse for my laoptop for Mothers day. He knew just what I wanted!! :)
Anyway.... it's time to grow up. I'm going to go take a nap. After I finish my bowl of cereal for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment