Friday, January 18, 2008

I've come to realize


The other night Andy told me that you can watch NOVA videos online. He was like... Hey, let's watch the Third Trimester baby video.   They show a woman giving birth...  I'm sure that she did it without drugs and whatnot, but I'm sure most of you can imagine me staring at the computer screen, my jaw dropped and eyes open wide in terror.  I told Andy that I don't want to have the baby anymore.  Not that I don't want the baby, I just don't want to HAVE the baby.  I confessed this fear to my parents, and my Dad (ever so reassuring) told me not to worry because I've been through childbirth once before.  Thanks Dad. 
It snowed about 5 inches here yesterday. (yes, I'm talking about the weather... I'm so boring!) It was incredibly cute seeing the puppy play outside in the snow.  Andy kept dumping snow on him and Butter's loved it.  He's been whining to go outside all day.  Hopefully I will get to take him for a walk before the temperature drops.  I'm uneasy going outside by myself with the dog.  He pulls a lot on the leash and with all the snow and ice on the ground; I'm too scared I will fall. Ha-ha! I sound like an old lady.
I realized today that chores never end.  I swear I finished the laundry yesterday, and now the hamper is full again. WTF mate?  Thus is the life of a housewife.  It doesn't help either that Andy has me addicted to a video game on my DS called Puzzle Quest. 
I can't cook.  Last night I decided to make meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy.  The gravy was wayyyyyy to salty, the mashed potatoes were runny (how the hell??)  But the meatloaf turned out okay. Not my Mom's meatloaf, but still good. Thank God my husband is a great cook.
I also realized that I get Andy to myself this weekend!!! WEEE!!!  We are going baby room hunting.  Picking out colors and extras! Putting together furniture....  Sounds exhausting... I think I want to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment