Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hilary's Blogs


My friend Hilary has the most exquisite blog.

While teaching in Thailand, I would expect many of her blogs to be full of interesting facts I didn't know, the way the Eastern world works, and words I can't pronounce.  It is... don't get me wrong, but there is a natural curiosity that is relayed in her writing.  Her puzzlement of the way the world acts around her is just.... good.  The innocent curiosity of an Alice in Wonderland if you will.  Refreshing from the many "the world owes me something" attitudes you see.
Completely different from my blogs.  In retrospect, I see a lot of my blogs are filled with daily living predicaments, baby, marriage, and house stuff.  And while it is my blog to write with as I please, I can't help but feel a reddening in my cheeks as I worry about what to feed my husband tonight and picking out this weeks dinners and if I'm gaining too much baby fat.  I never thought of myself as a extremely self-centered person (okay you do need to look out for number 1 once in awhile). But hell... when did I get so boring?
Last night I went to pick up Andy at work late at night.  I took my faithful pooch with me to walk around his workplace for a little exercise. Due to a recent surge in vandalism and break ins in the area... I was scared... I kept thinking, "It's dark out, I'm by myself... is this safe?"  Then I recalled times in college where I was 3AM drunk walking myself home with my eyes shut almost the entire way.  Stupid... yes... but when did I become so afraid of the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment