Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I guess it's time


After much waiting, anticipating, and deliberating, I've decided to post.
I'm pregnant. Again.
I waited a long time before telling people, because I was scared I would lose the baby again, and I really didn't want to go through telling people again, which is a natural reaction.
But I'm now finally in the second trimester, and the chance of a miscarriage has dropped significantly.
So, to recap the past three months... I was sick. VERY sick... all the time.  They put me on the same medication they give to people going through chemo and that helped ALOT.  The best way I can describe it is... well... a really nasty hangover that never goes away.  The kind where you can function, but hardly.
No appitite. All I want is crackers and cheese, with the occasional strange craving here and there.  I wanted to have a very organic pregnancy, and eat lots of fruits and veggiees... but now I see that when you are that nauseaus, you eat what you can.
And tired. I woke up at 10 today and I plan on taking a nap in a bit. I feel pathetic sometimes, but I have to remind myself that my body is exerting more energy now than if I was not pregnant and mountain climbing.
We had an ultrasound done, and it did little to comfort me. I keep waiting for something to go wrong.   A few weeks ago at an appointment I got to hear the baby's heart beat. Still not that excited.
Sadly, what did get me excited was a really cute Christmas dress I saw for a baby girl and an adorable pea coat for a baby boy.   I feel bad sometimes that I'm not more excited.  I'm sure as soon as I feel the first kick I'll be exstatic.  Maybe it's just hard to be excited when you feel like junk all the time.
The baby is due April 20th.  For ceratin reasons, I pray it is not born on that day. Andy hopes it is.   Hahahaha.   
Thanks to everyone who did know and sent their well wishes. We really appriciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment