Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finally!

6 months of effort has finally come to fruition. My son is out of diapers and into bog boy underwear.  Oh Lord, I think that was the longest, most dedicated 6 months of my life. The things I learned:
1.  Should have taken out stock in M&M's and Thomas the Train stickers.
2. Potty training is the time when kids learn to bargain ("If I poop on the potty I get a WHOLE CANDY BAR!")
3. Pull ups are not just bigger diapers, sometimes they can be the key. They are not evil!
4. Your mom is right, one day they will just wake up and "get it". Stop stressing out!
5. Now that he is potty trained, he wants to see the inside of every bathroom in town.

I promised I wouldn't announce this to the world and to any passing stranger because I was like "Why would anyone else care that my kid can take a duce in the crapper?" But now that it's happened, I just want to sing it to the world. I can't even relay how much weight has been lifted of my shoulders. I mean, sure when they are babies you don't mind changing their diapers, but there is a definitive line where it goes from being a necessary chore, to just gross and you don't want to do it anymore. I had reached that point.  In fact, for a few weeks in there I had visions of changing my 8 year olds diaper.

And so I breathe a sigh of relief as billions of other parents have done before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment