Monday, October 13, 2008

Cooking Mama

    I recently made up a chore list. It's printed out and posted on my fridge.  I know some people are probably like... You don't know how to clean yet?  No no, I know HOW to clean... I just get distracted pretty easily.  I'll be cleaning the kitchen, and I'll go into the bedroom and start taking the sheets off the bed before I realize that I wasn't done in the kitchen.  Anyway, I'm happy to say that the Kitchen has never looked better.  I still, however, need to get to the bedroom. haha.

I am interrupting the cleaning to cook dinner. I'm looking up a recipe for sirloin chops.  I have found a recent love for cooking.  During my pregnancy I had something I called "the pregnancy stupids." I was once boiling water for noodles, and it started on fire.  Seriously.... I burned water.   I also screwed up jello... my husband still thinks that is funny. Anyway, I don't know if it's the hormone shift, or if it's the realization that my son needs more nutrition than macaroni and hot dogs, but I've got to understand some basic cooking skills.  I have to stop giggling when I am reading a cook book and it says "dutch oven."  I shouldn't have to look up "how to cut an avocado"... as an adult and a mother... I should KNOW this stuff... right?  aaaahhh, well, I have a few more years to learn before Logan realizes that I'm not the world's best cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment