Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Safety First

I have no ambition to clean or work out... Logan got the second round of his vaccines today. He screamed for 2 hours straight! Poor guy, you can see where his leg is sore.  He's now asleep in his chair... but surprisingly, babies screaming in your ears is exhausting.  I'm going to have to get on the cleaning bandwagon though, The doc told me that now is the time I need to get on the floor and baby proof the house.  I look around on the floor and I think... Good lord... My child is going to be eating a lot of dog toys.

I had a county nurse stop by a few times to check on Logan's weight and etc. She took a look around our house and told me all of the ways he could get hurt. According to her, my house is one big death trap for children.  We would pretty much have to gut our house and redo the whole entire thing to make is safe...   I do not recall my parents or friends parents going to such great lengths... Am I crazy? Maybe the newest generation of parents count on methods that don't involve *watching* you children.  Just sit them in a room with a baby gate and leave...  While I do understand the importance of gates, making sure furniture is strapped down, and cupboard locks...  Do I *really* need to erect a wall over my open stairwell to keep my child from climbing over the couch? How about I just teach him to not climb on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment